Let's face it, some people age better than others. And it certainly doesn't hurt to have a team of stylists and specialists looking after your skin, as many celebrities do, but we're telling you -- some of them seem to never age. Like, ever.
We've found out some of the skin secrets of these ageless celebrities - some of which are definitely easy to do and inexpensive to purchase (for us lowly regular folk)! The best part about it: you don't have to use some crazy regimen to get great skin. It just takes dedication to the health of your body and it's largest organ: and treating it with the love it deserves.
Here are the 7 timeless secrets to younger-looking skin:
1. Drink more water. The human body does not consider the skin a vital organ like the heart, lungs and brain. So when your body is lacking hydration, rest, or vitamins the skin is the first to exhibit symptoms. That’s why it is extremely important to always stay hydrated because it will keep your skin looking younger and more supple. For these reasons it’s essential to consume a good amount of water a day, most doctors recommend drinking eight, 8oz glasses a day.
2. Exercise regularly. You’re probably already familiar with the benefits of exercise. It makes you lose weight, fight diseases, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. But did you know that exercises can make you younger – by affecting your DNA? Recent studies reveal that exercising for 30 minutes a day will help you look younger. And if you ever feel like giving up while you’re working out, just remember you only have to push yourself for a maximum of thirty minutes to add ten more years to your life.
3. Cleanse, moisturize, protect, repeat! Skin care researchers have determined that 80% of women don’t wash their makeup off properly, another 60% will just forget to do it at the end of the day and another 55% just won’t remove it at all. Cleaning your skin is vital for its upkeep because realistically, it can’t do the job all by itself. If you don’t wash of these unwanted things off your face, then your skin is literally suffocating under a pool of grime and muck. Once your skin is clean, it’s also important to moisturize and protect. Check out Derivations SPF sun protection cream here.
4. Eat healthy fats. Most people think that banishing fats from their diets will lead to a happier waistline, but it will only leave your skin at the short end of the stick. Healthy bodies need healthy fats and your skin needs essential fatty acids (EFA) to look its best. EFAs can easily be found in salmon, mackerel, flax, walnuts, fortified eggs, poultry and cooking oils.
5. Eat more super fruits. You’ve frequently heard the overused saying: “You are what you eat!” What you don’t often hear is: “Your food is your facial!” Food is an extremely important part of our well-being and that goes as far as the surface, which is your skin. Fruits are a great source of all natural anti-aging properties. In fact you’re well off adding super fruits to your diet because the fact is; they’re just filled to the brim with antioxidants.
6. Sleep more, stress less. Getting the right amount of sleep is the most important step in your battle again aging; sleep is essential to looking your best at any age. You see, when you sleep, your body undergoes a very meticulous healing process. All the wear and tear that you experienced earlier in the day is washed away by your body’s natural ability to restore itself. That’s why it’s important to always maintain a sleep schedule and try to avoid late nights.
7. Know what to put on your skin! When it comes to over-the-counter skincare, let’s face it, there are a plethora of products that you can choose from. Combined with powerful natural ingredients (see some of them here) our skin-transforming products will have you looking younger in no time.
Did you find these secrets helpful? Are there any ancient beauty secrets that we might have missed? Let us know in the comments.